Saturday, February 15, 2014

Shadowed Liner.

 

 
Today I was extremely tired and decided to not use effort for my makeup. So, I remembered a thing I saw on What Not To Wear (and most likely from Pinterest too) about using an angled brush to line your eyes. This technique is usually involves gel liner but I used a black eye shadow instead. Using shadow makes it a softer look.
 

Let me tell you about my brush. It is a paint brush! I bought it at Joann's for a buck. Best deal ever. And it works like a charm! I definitely recommend them. I originally bought it to fill in my brows but as you can see by my pics, it doesn't get used often. But all I did was dip it in my matte black shadow and swiped it across the top of my lashes on my eyelid. I was SHOCKED by how easy and fast it was. It went on so smooth and perfect the first time. I had so much control! And the winged bit at the end? I got it on the FIRST TRY. What?? It was beautiful and it looked like I was wearing liner! I wasn't sure how well it would stay put but it was great all day. To take my pictures, I redid it just to make sure you can see it. But this time, I dipped my brush into some water and then placed it in the eye shadow. It was much darker and more defined. I recommend this for a more dramatic or clean look. Do the dry shadow technique for a softer/more romantic/smudgy/natural look. 
 

As a side note, I use this palette (below) almost every day. I bought it from Costco! I loooooove Costco. Seriously I recommend it. It was a pretty good price too. I used Raven for the liner and the Woodrose for the brown on my lid.

Let me know what you think! Follow me on Instagram (kermitfacefredrick) or Facebook or Pinterest! I would love to see you! :)

Love, Mika.


No comments:

Post a Comment