Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Firm Foundation.

Yes. I totally just kinda referenced a Hymn. Just don't judge me! I had a migraine earlier today so I'm still a little fuzzy from it. So I was casually perusing Facebook while watching 'Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta' when one of my friend's post caught my eye and made my jaw drop.

"I Want to be a model!!! ...Just kidding im to ugly and cameras are NOT my friend. and im just to awkward. but its ok to dream right?"

*shakes head* Oh honey. Says who?? The media? If you want to do it, do it. Find an agency or a CREDITABLE photographer (who doesn't try to get you down to wearing nothing) who is inspired by your look. I am seriously considering/toying with the idea of starting a fashion line and her comment gave me a little push of motivation. I will do the line! And I'm going to use all sorts of girls to model my stuff! But enough of me. Back to Lacie!

I told her
"psh says who? hmmm? beauty comes from within :) plus, some of the best models are super awkward! they work with what they got. and cameras? they can be easily fooled. just work your angles and have confidence."

(Excuse my horrid grammar mistakes. I never use capitalization or apostrophes in my Fb typing.) But then her insecurities came up! She didn't like her skin. Which I understand because acne is so not wanted by anyone. So she asked me what to do! I am probably not the best person to ask for this because I am super lazy with my facial routine. I use a bar of Dove soap at night before bed and I use Neutrogena 360 Clean with exfoliating beads (the orange one cause it smells delightful) to wash my face in the shower. Then she told me that she has scars she wants to cover because she is getting married and wants flawless skin for it! Come to find out, she doesn't wear makeup.

I nearly keeled over with shock. I can't even fathom not wearing makeup! But I'm kind of a Barbie so that's just me. :P So I told her a little foundation goes a long way. And that is when I decided to post about how to do foundation.

Step 1: Have a clean face. If you don't shower in the morning, take a baby wipe and go over your face. (Baby wipes are also fabulous for taking off makeup! Who knew?)

Step 2: Moisturize your face. If you have oily face, you can skip it or use a an extremely light lotion. Normally I just put face lotion on the dry parts of my face such as my chin and my nose.

Step 3: Have a liquid foundation and a sponge. DAB not drag across your face. Start in the center of your face and work your way out to the edges. Also make sure you get your eyelids too. Blend into your neck because no one looks good as an oompa loompa. If you have too much on your face, use a cotton ball and sweep over the entire area.

Step 4: Grab your powder. Sweep over your entire face but focus on the center. Sometimes if you need more coverage, dab on like your liquid. Blend into your neck. If you appear orange or if your makeup is too dark, add some baby powder to your powder foundation.

Done. Work it! Also notice the picture. No one washes their face like that! NO ONE. And I noticed that I can not post anything without a visual aid. Oh well. Comments and questions are encouraged. :) Thanks everyone.

Love, Mika.







3 comments:

  1. So this blog is SO pointed at girls....I'm pretty sure I'm the only guy who follows it. I don't think it's a crime to like you writing style even if I'm never going to wear foundation, but it may be a crime that I regularly watched America's Next Top Model this summer (well my sisters watched and I had nothing better to do) but one of the winners Ann Ward was super awkward! Just look her up. She used her awkwardness to her advantage just like you said. It rocked! Anyways I think it's time to duck out of here before some of my guy friends see me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is directed at girls... but that doesn't mean everyone can't learn from it! Thanks for reading and following, and being awesome!

    ReplyDelete