Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Goodbye.

Recently, I've been going through some stuff and lately I have been missing my old self. You could call it, 'Pre brush with death Mika.' As you know, I struggle with my new face sometimes. And that is totally fine as long as I don't dwell on it but there are days where I feel like I have lost an old friend. One that was there all during my childhood and adolescent years and helped me shape myself. In a way, when I was murdered, she died too and left me to rediscover myself. Trials and hardships are difficult. Obviously. They test you in such a way that sometimes, you change yourself so you can adapt and survive. I feel like not only has my appearance changed, but my personality as well. Most days, I feel like a crotchety 80 year old woman who brandishes her cane at 'young hoodlums' and mutters, "I'm too old for this sh*t" and "Back in my day, we were spanked and not rewarded if we were being disobedient!" and definitely, "I've paid my dues!" I have seen so much in my tiny life that if I were to die tomorrow, I'd almost be relieved. Its a hard life man!
 
I do sit and wonder sometimes how life would have turned out if I hadn't walked down that river trail. What would I be doing? Who would I be? I don't usually mind the new Mika. She is a little more emotional than the old one and slightly more difficult but all in all she gets the job done and is overall a good person. It has been over four years and I'm still getting used to the change.
 
I'm not very sure about where I wanted to go with this post. I think this is more of a 'what Mika feels' post instead of a tutorial or a 'real life talk.' And it is my blog so I can totally do that. There is a very good chance that this post is just for me. Hopefully someone somewhere will find something that relates to them here.  Who knows, maybe I'm just insane. Either way, if you feel like this know that there is hope and things will get better. You will figure out how to love yourself again.

2 comments:

  1. I was just randomly poking around Blogspot and found this post. So I wanted to say: Mika, I love you. I love the old Mika. I love the new Mika. And even if your life would be different now if you had not walked down that trail, so many people will love you just the same. I love you on good days and bad. More than anything, I love you for the remarkable person you are, regardless of what has happened to you. And I love you while you figure out what all of that means to you and your life. I hope you know that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, one more thing. I wanted to clarify that when I say "old Mika" or "new Mika," I don't mean to say I think of you differently, see you differently, or act differently around you. Not at all. I think it is normal and healthy to acknowledge that you are a different person now than you have ever been at any point in time. Like you said, to rediscover yourself when the old you dies. I feel that way about myself before becoming a parent, or before a really awful breakup. I don't mean to diminish your experience, but I did want you to know that I think what you feel is a perfectly reasonable response to your situation. And changing doesn't mean that you lost something or became worse. Life just looks different from the other side.

    ReplyDelete