Friday, March 22, 2013

For the Love of Thursday.

(I hate conversation hearts. But this is too pretty.)

I know I am super late for this post but I still want to write about it so deal.

Oh Valentines Day. Also known as Single's Awareness Day. How can one little day cause so much drama? Its so mind boggling how so many emotions swell up over nothing. People get quite obnoxious on February 14th! First, there are the couples who are all over each other that you want to shout, "Please. Get. A. Room. Please! For the children and everyone's stomachs!" And then you yearn to throw the little candy hearts at them. Then, there are those people who mope around hating being single and claiming they will die single and declaring their hate for the day and everyone around. And I don't know about you, but I want to shake them and tell say, "Hey! You were single yesterday, you're single today, and you will most likely be single tomorrow. I'm not sure why you have to go around and be hatin'!" And then throw the candy hearts at them because let's be honest, they are kinda gross!

I personally am not a fan of the day. I think it is pointless. Kyle (my husband) and I agreed that we would not celebrate Feb. 14th just because neither of us really care about it. However, he tricked me into a date that day! Sneaky. It is a good thing he is so cute. So if you are like me and don't particularly have any desire to celebrate or you just plain don't have a 'significant other' to share the holiday with, here are some alternatives:

1. Celebrate Chocolate Day! This is what I do. Find a chocolate fountain, grab some fruit, prezels and junk food and dip to your hearts content. Or buy a ridiculous amount of chocolate candies and eat them while watching a movie.

2. Have a Game Night. My friends/family and I are always having game night. We play board games or card games but if you are into video games, go ahead and play Mario Cart! Or is it Kart? (That example right there shows you how often I play video games.) The more people, the more fun. Have everyone bring a game and a treat because tis the season for treat eating.

3. Make a bunch of paper hearts and 'Heart Attack' someone. Just remind some person that they are loved. Old people are great targets. If you are not sure how to 'heart attack' someone, all you do is cut out a ton of paper hearts and tape them to their door, scatter them on the lawn ect. And of course leave treats. Bonus points if you write nice things about the person on the hearts.

4. Build a blanket fort! Self explanatory. Who doesn't love forts? If you want to get physical, have a Nerf Gun war with someone. Embrace your inner little kid.

5. Go on a solo/sibling date. You can say it is lame all you want but truth is, it is way fun. Dress up, go shopping or out to dinner or some fun thing like mini golf. If you just can not be alone, take a buddy. I take my little siblings on 'Bro Dates' whenever they have a birthday and they just love it. Go swimming or bowling! And eat junk food.

Obviously the main point is to eat a ton of food that is bad for you and have fun. Don't be obnoxious and definitely do not sit and mope. No one wants to be around that. And if you absolutely HAVE to sulk, go pamper yourself in the tub and paint your nails... and don't forget to eat your feelings.

What do you do on V-day?? I need new ideas for next year. Thoughts, questions ect are welcome.

Love, Mika.



No comments:

Post a Comment