Friday, July 15, 2011

A Decade Worth of Memories.

I was thinking about it the other day and realized, Kaeli and I will be celebrating our ten year anniversary this August! CRAZY. (And after all these years, you would think we would have a picture with us together but alas. I failed at locating one.) I moved about a lot as a child. No, my father was not in the military, we just like moving or something. This makes her my oldest friend that I still hang out with! But basically she, along with my one other friend, were the first ones I met here in Utah and then managed to maintain a good relationship. So I am doing a post just for her! Oh ok and the rest of my lovely ladies who read this blog. :)

So, Kaeli has these big, beautiful brown eyes that I absolutely love. Plus, she has this skin that is phenomenal. So I wanted to do a makeup look that embodied her fun, outdoorsy and hopeless romantic side but also complimented her skin and eyes. The Perfect Makeup=Personality+Complimentary Colors. (If only we learned that in Chemistry.) No matter what trend or style you want to rock, make sure you put a bit of yourself into it. Otherwise, you will be a little cookie cutter and no one wants that! Now, I shall proceed with instruction for this Gold and Brown look!

What you need:
-gold eyeshadow
-dark brown or a bronze eyeshadow
-peachy/rose shimmer eyeshadow
-plum pencil eyeliner
-black mascara
-fluffy blending brush
-dark pink blush
- your favorite eye shadow brush
-peachy/pink lipstick
-nude lip liner
-brown eyeliner/brow corrector

Step 1:
Apply the gold color from the lash line to the crease.


Step 2:
Put the dark brown in the crease. Slightly wing it out. Step 3:
Next blend them together a little so they seem more smooth. Then, take the rose colored or a peachy shimmer shadow and apply to the imside corners of the eyes and right up to the brow bone.Step 4:
Line your lower water line with the plum colored eyeliner. You may apply to the top above the lashes as well if you want a little more drama. If you do, I would wing it out as well, but only slightly. I also added a little mauve shadow to the bottom lashes just to bring out the plum a little.Step 5:
Top off with your favorite mascara. Curl your eyelashes as well!

On the left, we have Kaeli with her default smile face. She is rarely seen without it! On the right, I made her stop giggling so you can see the makeup better.












Step 6:
For foundation, I like to just use powder with this look. Now highlight your cheeks with the blush. But remember, unless you are taking pics, go easy on it. :)
I paired this look with a pink shirt and jean capris. Flats are fantastic and if you don't have a pair yet, get some. Seriously, it is a wardrobe basic. Who is your oldest friend and how did you meet? Also, did you try out this look? I love it for summer! It gives me a sunset vibe. Thanks for reading guys!

Love, Mika.

No comments:

Post a Comment