Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dance Dance Revolution.


Yeah... I don't really know either. Just one of those days!

Ok this post really isn't about dancing. It is about New Years resolutions. But I figured that title wouldn't have been as exciting as this one. Also, feeling a little squirrely today. You were warned. Moving on. It has been two months since I last wrote. Ouch. I am so sorry! Again! You love me and you know it so take that. Wow I can already tell this is going to be a super spazy, squirelly, and otherwise completely random and jumpy article. Too bad I don't have glitter... then it could be sparkly too! (Side note: If you have ever watched 'What Caffeine Does' by Jenna Marbles on Youtube, you are understanding what is happening right now. If not, please check it out. But only if you are ok with a little swearing/crudeness and of appropriate age!)

Whoa horsey. Bring it back. So NYR rarely make it past January or February if you are lucky. This year I came up with a great way to keep my resolutions. I made a list of 10 to 12 smaller obtainable goals and 1 to 3 longer term goals. I assigned each month one or two goals to work on for 30 days. By dividing the goals and having new ones more often, I don't get bored with my goals. And I feel more accomplished when I reach one. I usually write the goals down on my calendar. With the long term goals, I write them at the bottom of each month on the calendar. I also type up my list, frame it, and hang it up where I see it often. But also move that around every so often too otherwise you will just get used to it and not see it. Remember to revise your list if the current one isn't working.

What is on my list this year? Well read on lovelies! Also they aren't in any particular order.
1. Get permanent teeth (its been three years. CHECK.)
2. Dress up and go to Comic Con (Nerds are the new cool kids.)
3. Find a place to live (really important!)
4. Get a car (CHECK. What what!)
5. Have crazy hair (CHECK.)
6. Say nicer things and stop gossiping (seriously it will make everyone's lives so much better.)
7. Write more letters (missionaries and random thank you letters.)
8. Do random acts of kindness (leave cookies for someone having a bad day and so on.)
9. Sew at least once a week (I should get patterns.)
10. Blog at least once every two weeks (so far so good!)
11. Donate more things that I don't need or use anymore (goodbye clutter! And CHECK.)
12. Save more money (for my shoe store) and write down all purchases.
13. Drink more water (So. Important. It has such fabulous health benefits!)
14. Leave random encouraging sticky notes places where strangers can find them.
15. Smile more (life could be worse) and compliment more.

That's my list! What is on yours? What are your thoughts on my new NYR set up? Comments and questions always rock. :)

Love, Mika.

1 comment:

  1. Mika those are such awesome Ideas! I've kept a few thank you notes and encouraging ones, they for sure mean a lot!
    and I love jenna Marbles. she's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete