Monday, January 30, 2012

Feel Fabulous.

Such a cute piggy rocking the rain boots. :)
I'm totally getting one. Its happening.

I work at the Family Support Center of Southwestern Utah. What the heck is that?? Well it is a non-profit crisis nursery where we take care of children from 0-11. We give 3 hours a week of free child care to parents all over Cedar City. Why? The more often we give breaks to parents, the less they get stressed and that lowers the risk of child abuse and raises the chance of a happier and tighter family. I absolutely love my job. I get to work with some of the greatest kids around. On a good hand, I get paid to watch Disney movies and eat goldfish. On the other not so good hand, I deal with every little kid disaster imaginable. But in the end, its super rewarding to work there and the good and bad balance out in the end.

Why am I telling you this? Well because it is a big part of me and I think that the more you know about me, the more you understand what I am trying to say. I was at work the other day when one of my co-workers asked me how I could possibly work in 4 1/2 inch heels. And that made me think, "Why DO I wear sky high heels?" So I came to this conclusion. 1. They make my legs and butt look fabulous. 2. They make me freakishly tall. 3. They are super cute. But the reason that really caught my attention was, 4. They make me feel happier and better about myself. And when I feel great about myself, I carry myself better and work better! Feeling good about yourself makes a total difference about how your day goes. No, it won't keep bad things from happening throughout the day but you will definitely feel like you can take the crazy on!

My other mood booster clothing article is... underwear. But Mika, no one should be checking out your underwear. Yes, you are correct. BUT hear me out. I always always always make sure I wear cute underwear that makes me feel like a million bucks. Plus, you don't know what will happen! I am super paranoid that one day I'll get into another accident where they have to cut off my clothes and I am not letting anyone see ugly underwear thank you very much. Continuing onto why you should wear awesome underwear... Only you (or whomever you show I suppose) know that you are wearing sexy/adorable/fun underwear which makes you feel excited because its your own little secret. It personally makes me feel empowered, happy and super sexy. And who doesn't want to feel that?

Finally, my point is to get an article of clothing that you really enjoy wearing and that makes you feel really great. The right shoe or scarf or whatever makes a considerable difference in your day. I challenge everyone to find one thing and try it. It can be a necklace or a certain makeup look or a pair of awesome superhero briefs! So let me know what you picked and tell me if it changed your mood! Good luck pretties. :)

Love, Mika.










1 comment:

  1. I agree about the underwear and heels. I used to always wear cute underwear on dates or for interviews, auditions etc. Not because people saw but cause it makes you feel awesome

    ReplyDelete