Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mix and Match.


I tried a new trend yesterday. Mixing prints. Not gonna lie, I was a little wary about trying this out but I figured I better try it while I'm young. So I did! But to make it less scary, I used two patterns that are considered neutrals in the fashion world: leopard and stripes. I choose them in the same color so it wasn't too crazy.

I then posted my pic on my facebook and had them all vote yes or no... and I got a really mixed review! Some people loved it. And others really hated it. One girl even said, and I quote, "Looks like something a fashion victim would wear... but you are on the right track!" What did I do after I read that? No, I did not cry in the bottom of my closet in shame. I was actually pretty excited. Trust me, I was not excited because somebody told me it didn't work, I was thrilled because people actually told me the truth and not what I wanted to hear! Well, I'm sure some of them did tell me I am awesome just to be nice, but either way, I am over the moon that people aren't afraid to hurt my feelings.

I like the honesty to keep coming! If you don't like something I do, tell me! If you want to see something, let me know! I really enjoy hearing feedback because it really helps me write. So way to be awesome everyone! :)

Love, Mika.







No comments:

Post a Comment