Saturday, June 25, 2011

Breaking the Laws of Fashion.

Everyone knows black and brown can not be worn together. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG. Today, I totally mixed them! I was a little hesitant to try it together so I did it by mixin' my eyeshadow! It made it more subtle so I wasn't so freaked out. And I have to say, I am absolutely in love with the combo. I think its a fantastic look for going out at night or if you are just in the mood for something darker/more dramatic. I wore this look to Groovefest, which is a festival held in Southern Utah where a bunch of bands from all over come and play for a few days. Besides the entertainment, there is food and vendors with excellent prices on their homemade trinkets.

For this look you are going to need:
-a dark brown eyeshadow
-a black eyeshadow
-light brown eyeshadow
-regular brush
-thin/flat brush
-fluffy blending brush
-eyeliner in black
-mascara

Sorry guys! I didn't take pictures of every step because I didn't think about uploading this post until it was already on for half the day. And the makeup isn't too advanced so words should be enough. If not, comment below or email/facebook me and let me know.

Step 1: Sweep the dark brown shadow from your lashes to your crease with your normal eyeshadow brush. Make sure to get it well into the crease because most of the brown will be seen here. Also, line your bottom lashes with it.

Step 2: Grab your thin, flat brush and load it up with the black. Run the brush right along your lash line and ever so slightly, blend upwards into the brown.

Step 3: Highlight the inner corners of your eyes and the space between the brow bone and crease with the light, shimmery brown. Blend.

Step 4: Line your waterlines with your eyeliner. I favor black but a black brown or a brown works beautifully as well. Top with mascara.

Please excuse my especially pale face in this picture. I photograph extremely white.

Outfit Ideas:
Casual Summer: I wore this with a raspberry/maroon t-shirt, a body conscience jean shorts which hit around mid-thigh and gold sequined brown gladiators.

Night Out: Leopard print pumps, white skinny jeans, and a looser fitting blouse which I'm thinking should be in a non-neutral color. Add chunky metal jewelry.

Weddings and other dressy occasions: I personally would opt for a darker colored dress. No neutrals though! If you are going dark, get a plum or navy color. If you are feeling bold, try a metallic dress. Black heels would be best. If you can not do heels, try a cute gladiator sandal.

How did your look turn out? We'd love to see pics! Send them to mikascott13@yahoo.com and I will post some of the entries! Thanks for reading and I promise I will stop slacking and post more often. :)

Love, Mika.






No comments:

Post a Comment