Monday, June 20, 2011

We're Getting in Shape!

Okay guys, here's the deal, to those of you who are exercise gurus we'd like to thank you for taking the time to read this blog. You're probably already be-you-tifully in shape. Although this post is about getting in shape, that doesn't get you off the hook, we want you to hang in there and read this post. Believe it or not, you can still get involved in this one. Ready? Okay here we go!

I'll step aside and address the rest of us for a moment. You know, the people like me who want to get in shape, who intend to get in shape, but we're still less toned, 5 or 10 or 15 pounds plumper than we wish we were, or just plain not as active as we want to be. Here's the deal, we all know it, we've heard it a hundred times, not to mention that common sense voice in our head is screaming "all you have to do is decide to be dedicated." So we're going to start listening to it right now. Everyone repeat after me (read this line out loud):
I __________(insert your name here) have decided this very moment to get in shape. I am dedicated to my decision and I will do whatever it takes.

Now take a deep breath. Did that feel good? Good okay carrying on. EVERYONE (fitness gurus included) listen up now.

Mika and I have decided that we are going to blog about our journey to get in shape. Why? Well because if we have 14 readers (yeah we wanna get that number up) following our blog and therefor our fitness journey, we're going to be a lot more motivated to succeed. This makes sense right? So now what we need from you "THE AUDIENCE!" (off-the-cuff anyone? haha okay waste of a joke) is for you to:
A) Join us and let us know how you're doing. We want you commenting on our posts, posting your goals online encouraging us, yourselves and each other.
B) Just check in, tell us to keep up, ask questions about it, you know just keep us on our toes.
C) This one is for the fitness Gurus: We want your encouragement and advice and all around support.

Does it sound like a deal? I sure hope so because we are counting on you. Let's get started. I'll let you know right now, that I just ran half a mile (I know it's not much to brag about, but it's my start) and then I walked 1.5 miles at about 4 mph this was on the treadmill. I plan on walking with my mom in the mornings every day from now on to.  That's my plan right now, I'm working on adding more.  We can all start simple if we need to.

Also, please comment below: Who is actually going to participate on the blog? and who would be more likely to participate if we made a facebook page? Let us know!
Let's get going!
-Kaeli (and I suspect Mika too, we were talking about this earlier today.)

3 comments:

  1. I'm in! I'm an avid runner, and I'm currently training for the Clearfield 4th of July Freedom run. I run two miles in the morning and three to four in the afternoon. I also have some tips. If you drink milk right after a work out, it will help you shed fat and replenish your electrolytes. Also, if you're hungry and you feel like snacking, drink a glass or two of water before eating. You might just be thirsty!!! And try to eat a small salad before meals like lunch and dinner, and fruit with breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ree! Love ya. Haha well i may have the two miles in the morning down... haha I'm about to run again! My dad is training for a marathon... I feel like I'd better at least get in enough shape to run a 5k and then a 10k He's like 46 or something... and running 7 miles already.

    ReplyDelete