Sunday, April 21, 2013

Challenge. Day 1.

I was doing laundry today and noticed I have so many clothes and yet I wear the same five shirts every week. The. Same. Five. I also realized that half of my closet is filled with stretchy, black V-Neck shirts and the other half is just stretchy, short sleeved teal shirts. Oy. Each time I go shopping, I have to actively stop myself from buying more teal or black shirts! Way to be diverse in your wardrobe Mika.

So while I was folding the same five shirts, I thought to myself, "Hmm. I really need to mix it up. Why do you keep buying clothes if you don't wear them?" After I congratulated myself for having a successful reality check, I decided to challenge myself. And the challenge is: Wear a different outfit using different pieces in my closet until I run out of clothing. (Does this mean I don't have to do laundry for like two months?? Because that would definitely be a plus!) 

For today's outfit, I forgot to photograph it on so I just laid it out and took a pic to show you all the pieces. Please ignore the dirty carpet and awful lighting. 

 
 The components of my outfit are: 
-a black blazer
-a leopard print tank
-grey skinnies
-black/pink/blue 6" booties

This certain look is a basic outfit. You can use the same concept and have multiple looks by changing the pieces you use. And this number can be dressy or casual depending on what shirts and shoes you use. 
-For dressier occasions, use a statement shirt like a sequined tank under a blazer with strappy heels or pair a plain top with bold jewelry, dress pants and kick A heels in a bright color.
-For casual days, a simple bright shirt or a band tee (again under the blazer) paired with toned down heels/flashy flats/canvas shoes and a sweet bag.

Let's see how this challenge goes. :/ 

Love, Mika.





No comments:

Post a Comment