Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day 8 and 9.

I have a thing for skirts lately. I'm not sure if I just love them or if when I think of the word 'creative,' skirts come to mind. Like jeans aren't creative.

 Day 8

Day 8 was a sad day for me. Any one who knows me  or of me knows that I have a great love for shoes. Especially ones that are sparkly or zebra print. And this day was the last day that I will ever wear my silver, sparkly, zebra print heels. I love those shoes. But I am like a half a size too small for me and I can hardly get my feet inside them. I am selling them now. I feel like I am selling off my own children! But back to my outfit. Skirt, half cardi, tank and heels. Yay. I really love this skirt for the detail. It just has an awesome texture to the ruffle at the bottom. Plus, the bow on the side is really adorable. I love the half cardi because of the awesome color and the comfort factor. I did not take temperature into consideration while choosing this outfit though. The cardigan was waaay too hot for the warm summer weather that is now upon us. So that thing was off before we even drove out of the parking lot of church. Teal and silver look so good together! And they are my high school colors so I am a tiny bit bias on loving it but it really is a great combo. Ah and note my necklace. My parents gave me this necklace when I got married. I hardly ever accessorize. If I do, it is one necklace that gets taken off three hours into my day. 
 
 Day 9

Another skirt! I made this skirt look like a dress though today. Why? Because I have a shirt that is the same exact shade of purple that is in the skirt. And because I can. Necklace curtsey of my Grandma. She always gets me necklaces and I get complimented on them every time I wear them. I got asked twice today where I got my necklace. (Good job Grandma!) This skirt was originally a tube top dress. I cut off the top and made it a skirt because I am way too tall to wear most dresses and especially too busty to wear tube tops. These girls need support and adult supervision at all times. Notice that I wore flats today too! I don't have many pairs so you will see a lot of these babies this summer. People always ask me, "Why do you wear heels every day??" I reply with, "Because each shoe is like a baby to me and I must love them all equally." Quite frankly, I get a TON of comments when I don't wear shoes. I get everything like, "....... Why are you not as tall today?" to "I didn't even recognize you without your shoes," and "Are you sick?!" People really do notice/are super disappointed every time I don't wear heels. 

-In the summer I wear flats a lot more often just my hem lines rise. My rule is, the shorter the skirt, the shorter the heel. Don't wear sky high heels and mini skirts unless you are at a bachelorette party in Vegas or a high fashion magazine.(P.S. this skirt is shorter on me. The angle of this pic makes it look knee length but it is mid thigh for me.)

This outfit is great because it can work on every body type out there! Short? The skirt is shorter and makes your legs look longer. Bigger on top? Balances out the girls with the poofy skirt. Heavier on bottom? Same poofy skirt hides any insecurities but highlighting them! (Crazy, I know, but it works.) Boy/apple shaped? It is cinched at the waist therefore creating an hourglass figure. Hourglass shaped? WORK IT. This is just the thing to make your curves amazing!

A big thanks to Kyle who takes a majority of my pictures for me. :) 

Love, Mika. 

BTW: I am so tired so if you find any grammar or spelling errors, please let me know so I can fix them. :) Thanks guys! You are wonderful.



No comments:

Post a Comment