Tuesday, May 14, 2013

No Heat Headband Curls.

Sorry I have not written in a while. I have been out of town with doctor's appointments and no one wants to see what I look like on those days. Last night, I youtubed different ways to curl hair without heat. One way that came up was the headband method and I thought I would take a stab at it.
The following video (at the end of my post) is an ad for a product that curls your hair. However, if you are poor like I am, a simple elastic headband works just fine. :) This certain product is quite ingenious though. You microwave it and the low heat helps set the curls faster. I just slept on my headband though! 

Steps to remember while doing this: 
1. Brush out hair. Duh.
2. You want damp hair. (Anything too wet or too dry will not hold.) I sprayed the hair closer to the roots with water and the ends with leave in conditioner. You might want a little gel or hairspray as well just to keep it all together.
3. Wrap hair around the head band. If you are sleeping in it, have a soft one.

Quite frankly, I think it is cute when its just wrapped around the band. With the right styling/headband, I'd wear that out of the house. And then wear curls the next day! Mwahahaha! Its brilliant. Below is how mine was when I wrapped it.

The results were not as I anticipated. Probably because my hair isn't all that long. The back was flippy and the front curled very nicely. I will keep trying though to see if the curls improve and I will let you all know! 

Love, Mika.

1 comment:

  1. I've done these curls :) but not with the intention of curling my hair lol I actually was pulling them up for a greek vibe and when i took out the headband-bam! curls! lol Either way, loving it :)

    ReplyDelete